Zinn & The Art of Road Bike Maintenance, 5th. Edition Book
Don't let the name fool you - although this book focuses on road bikes and not cyclocross, 90% of the material covers your 'cross bike too. Zinn's is the world's best-selling repair and maintenance guide, constantly updated to keep up with the latest technologies. Plus the author is just a cool dude, serving as technical writer for Velonews and running a frame building business offering bikes for big and tall athletes.
Cyclocross is very hard on equipment and requires special prep pre-race and plenty of ongoing maintenance throughout the season. In nearly 500 pages, Zinn’s guide includes simple instructions for hundreds of bike maintenance and repair jobs to keep your cyclocross bike running smooth:
- Basics: How to fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakes
- Emergency repairs: How to fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a bent derailleur
- Easy shifting: How to adjust shifters, derailleurs, and cables for clean and smooth shifting
- Wheels: How to true a wheel, install a new tire, change a cassette, replace broken spokes, build your own wheels
- Overhauls: How to service and replace pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks, bottom brackets
- New tech: How to maintain 11-speed systems, electronic and wireless shifters, disc brakes
- Cyclocross: How to set up a ‘cross bike for racing, select the right components, and make quick repairs
- Troubleshooting: How to figure out what’s wrong with any bike and fix it
In this newly updated edition, you'll find coverage of:
- through-axle forks
- SRAM eTap wireless shifting
- second generation Shimano and Campagnolo electronic shifting
- SRAM X-Sync 1×11 cyclocross systems
- tubular tire gluing tapes.
- hydraulic and mechanical disc brakes
- More than 700 comprehensive illustrations and exploded views
- master guide to press-fit bottom brackets which are increasingly used on modern cyclocross bikes
Free shipping on orders over $50 with delivery to the 48 continental United States. More shipping methods and rates.
Return any new and unused item for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. See full return policy.
Call or text (909) 283-3391 for questions or help, anytime.