Wolf Tooth Components Tanpan
"Check out these new Shimano clutch style rear derailleurs - those would really help stop my chain from falling off during cyclocross!" That's what we all thought when Shimano put clutch-style rear derailleurs on the market. Except, those nifty clutch-style rear derailleurs don't work with the road (drop bar) shifters we use on cyclocross bikes. Oops.
Enter the Tanpan. This creation of Lindarets and Wolf Tooth bridges the gap and allows you to use your road drop-bar STI shift/brake levers in combination with a Shimano mountain bike style clutch rear derailleur. They are simple, reliable, allow much improved chain security, plus access to wider gearing ranges if desired.
Tanpan weighs just 17 grams, installs in moments, and features an indexed barrel adjuster for precise adjustments. Each is CNC machined in the USA by Wolf Tooth and use precision stainless steel hardware and silky-smooth sealed cartridge bearing. Two specific versions are offered to suit 10 and 11 speed drivetrains.
- Compatible with most road, gravel and cyclocross bikes
- Wolf Tooth recommends 1.1mm derailleur cable
- The Tanpan is designed to mount directly to adjuster-free cable stops on Shimano rear derailleurs
- To find the right Tanpan for your needs, please find your desired gear range and rear derailleur on this chart:
* GoatLink 10 Recommended for 10s Derailleurs
§ Achievable with Wolf Tooth GC40 or GC42 cog and compatible 11-36t cassette
† 11s Rear Derailleur Only
‡ GoatLink 11 Recommended for 11s Derailleurs
SPECIAL NOTE FOR BIKES USING INTERNALLY ROUTED CABLES ONLY:
- If the rear derailleur cable is routed internally through the chainstay and exits at the end of the chainstay above the axle or past the axle out the very end, you will need to run full length cable housing.
- You will have to route the full length housing so it exits from under the bottom bracket (most bikes have a removable cap there) and runs externally along the chainstay.
- This is because the Tanpan barrel adjuster end sits too close to the frame for the internally routed cable to exit the frame and enter the Tanpan barrel adjuster
Confused? Don't be. Give RideCX a call if needed and we'll help you choose the right components based on your needs.
Free shipping on orders over $50 with delivery to the 48 continental United States. More shipping methods and rates.
Return any new and unused item for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. See full return policy.
Call or text (909) 283-3391 for questions or help, anytime.