Wolf Tooth was the first to market with 1x-specific chainrings for cyclocross because 'cross is the perfect application for their Drop-Stop technology.
In cyclocross, a dropped chain can be the difference between finishing 1st and 15th. Drop-Stop uses a patent-pending narrow/wide to help keep the chain on your chainring even under challenging conditions. Drop-Stop features a different tooth profile on the leading and trailing edge to transmit force to the chain while clearing mud and dirt. Chainrings are machined with special mud-relief cutouts to further allow mud clearing.
These Drop-Stop chainrings use a traditional round shape and are the ideal starting point for 1x (one chainring up front, multiple speeds in back) cyclocross and gravel bike drivetrains.
- Works with all 1x 9, 10, or 11 speed drivetrains. If you are using a 9 speed rear cassette, please use a 10 speed chain for this application - it will shift fine in the rear and fits better on the chainring
- While Drop-Stop chainrings will dramatically increase chain retention, the use of a clutch-style rear derailleur is recommended for maximum chain retention in the worst conditions. Wolf Tooth's Tanpan (sold separately) can help you mate road shifters to MTB-style clutch rear derailleurs
- 7075-T6 aluminum
- Weight: 34t - 44g, 36t - 58g, 38t - 66g, 40t - 74g, 42t - 81g, 44t - 90g, 50t - 125g
- These rings fit cranksets built to the 5 bolt, 110mm BCD mounting pattern, i.e. "compact" road
- Will not fit Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, 105 5800, or Tiagra 4700 cranksets - these require a specialty chainring from Wolf Tooth to suit their unusual 4 bolt, asymmetric mounting pattern.
- Not compatible with Campagnolo CX10/11
- Can be mounted in either the inner or outer chainring position of a double crankset, depending on rider needs and the clearance between the ring and frame when mounted in the inner position
- If you are replacing a traditional double chainring setup, you'll need a set of shorter mounting bolts designed for a single ring