If you are trying to convert a double chainring bike to a single (or "1x") drivetrain for cyclocross, gravel, or adventure riding, you may have realized by now that your existing chainring bolts don't work. The nut/bolts needed for single chainring applications, like these from Wolf Tooth, are shorter and just perfect for 1x.
These from Wolf Tooth are specifically designed for 1x applications only, with the following features:
- Most stock bolts/nuts are steel. These are 7075-T6 aluminum and weigh almost nothing - each nut/bolt pair is only about 2 grams!
- They use a 4mm hex key on the bolt and 6mm on the nut, instead of a slotted spanner. No more special tools needed to work on your chainring bolts and much less likely for your tool to slip
We sell these in Black in sets of 4 (includes 4 nuts and 4 bolts) or 5 (with 5 nuts, and 5 bolts). Choose the one that matches the drilling pattern on your crankset.
- use max torque of 7-8Nam (or 62-71 inch-lbs). The IceToolz Ocarina is an excellent, economical torque wrench to use for this install
- Use light grease or removable loctite on the threads
- these are 6 mm long so they work perfectly with any bolt on single chainring that does not have threaded standoffs