The Athlete's Fix Book
Pip Taylor's The Athlete's Fix will help you get the most out of your diet. Cyclocross places high demands on your body and nutrition plan. Did you know up to 1 in 6 Americans is estimated to have a food sensitivity? Exercise can make food intolerances even worse for endurance athletes. Food cravings, GI distress, headaches, brain fog—these common reactions can be more than symptoms of a tough workout. They could be caused by the foods you eat.
The Athlete’s Fix offers a sensible, 3-step program to identify food intolerances, navigate popular special diets, and develop your own customized clean diet that will support better health and performance.
You’ll improve your daily diet, cut out common irritants, then add back foods until you feel great enjoying your own personalized clean diet. To help with this transition, The Athlete’s Fix offers 50 recipes using easily tolerated foods that support a base functional diet.
The Athlete’s Fix examines hot issues for athletes like:
- Celiac disease, gluten intolerance, gluten-free and grain-free diets
- Lactose intolerance
- FODMAPs and specific carbohydrate intolerances, including fructose
- Reactions to food chemicals such as salicylates, amines, and glutamates
- Inflammatory foods
- Food sensitivity testing and elimination diets
- Popular special diet programs like Paleo, Whole30, Dukan, Mediterranean, and Dash
- Vegetarian, vegan, and raw food diets
Free shipping on orders over $50 with delivery to the 48 continental United States. More shipping methods and rates.
Return any new and unused item for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. See full return policy.
Call or text (909) 283-3391 for questions or help, anytime.