Cyclocross bikes take a beating. You can protect your frame from chips, paint damage, and chain slap by adding this Shelter Road Kit from Effetto Mariposa. Don't worry, while it says "road" in the name, it is perfect for protecting your cyclocross bike too.
This kit comes with pre-cut pieces:
- qty 1 downtube protector to keep stones that fly off the front wheel from damaging the underside of the downtube
- qty 2 chainstay protectors to prevent damage from chain slap
- qty 4 large circle protectors to prevent cables from rubbing on frame
- qty 4 small circle protectors to prevent cables from rubbing on frame
- qty 4 presta valve silencers that can keep presta valves from rattling when they move inside the valve hole in the rim
Shelter tape is self-adhesive, viscoelastic, shock and scratch resistant and transparent. It can be applied to carbon fiber frames/forks as well as metals like steel or aluminum.
Shelter is very light (only about one ounce for the whole kit) adding virtually no weight to your bike, easy to apply, and won't yellow over time.
How to apply Shelter tape:
- After removing cables or other interfering elements, clean the area where you want to apply Shelter with alcohol and a clean cloth. Remove traces of dried-up alcohol with a clean, dry cloth.
- Take the suitable pre-cut Shelter element or cut a custom made Shelter piece, without removing the backing paper.
- Peel Shelter backing paper on a length of 1 inch/25 mm, freeing the adhesive surface (DO NOT TOUCH THE ADHESIVE SURFACE WITH YOUR FINGERS).
- Stick the adhesive surface of Shelter on the area you want to protect by applying a firm and constant pressure with your thumbs.
- Remove the rest of Shelter backing paper progressively, as you position and attach your Shelter element on the area you want to protect. Starting from the center, use your thumbs to push Shelter down, slowly working your way to the sides and applying a constant pressure.