Rock "N" Roll Gold Chain Lube
Gold is Rock "N" Roll's medium weight lubricant, intended for mountain bikes, cyclocross, and road bikes. Like other Rock "N" Roll lubes, it is intended to clean and lubricate at the same time. Stands up to dust, dirt, water crossings and more while staying in place longer for enhanced chain lifespan and smooth, silent shifting.
Their formula penetrates deep into the chain, trapping any dirt. Dirt then floats to the surface of the chain or gears, where you can wipe it away after riding. Inside the chain, the lubricant creates a membrane protecting the metal from dirt and moisture.
Looking for a lube for road bikes in clean, dry conditions? Check out Rock "N" Roll's Absolute Dry chain lube for that application instead.
HOW TO USE
The application of Rock "N" Roll chain lube is the same, whether you're using Absolute Dry, Gold, etc. Use these steps:
- Shift the chain into the big chainring in the front (if applicable) and smallest cassette cog.
- Apply the lube to the top of the chain where it sits on the cassette cog. It's OK to apply plenty, we're cleaning and lubing at the same time.
- Rotate the crank backwards and wipe off all dirt and grit on the surface of the chain. You can't wipe the chain too much (we want the lube on the interior links and bushings, not the exterior of the chain plates)
- Shift between gears so you can wipe away any excess from the cogs and chainrings
- Ideally, apply chain lube the day before riding for best performance, allowing it to dry completely before riding.
- Wipe the chain off after riding, even if you don't plan to re-lube yet.
Free shipping on orders over $50 with delivery to the 48 continental United States. More shipping methods and rates.
Return any new and unused item for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. See full return policy.
Call or text (909) 283-3391 for questions or help, anytime.