Effetto Mariposa Carbogrip 3ml, One Single Use Blister Pack
You should always use a carbon grip compound when assembling carbon fiber fittings to your bike, such as seatposts, stems, forks, etc. These products can be expensive and you end up with a lot left over, since they come in sizes intended for use in bulk in bike shops.
This product is a 3ml blister pack of Effetto Mariposa's Carbogrip product, in a size that's more realistic for the home mechanic. It helps avoid unwanted movement of clamped carbon components, and is also waterproof, to resist seizing over time. Simply apply and wait 5 minutes until it dries to an extremely grippy surface. Cross Bike Review says: "We liked that my carbon bars and posts no longer slip when using Carbogrip, this stuff really works."
- Qty 1, 3ml blister pack
- High molecular weight silicone resin. Won't scratch components.
- prevents galvanic corrosion
- In addition to carbon parts, can also be used as threadlock for titanium or aluminum bolts
How to use Carbogrip as an assembly compound:
- carefully clean/degrease the mounting surfaces. Seatpost: remove grease traces inside the seat-tube too;
- apply Carbogrip on the component and immediately mount it;
- tighten the mounting bolts to the suggested torque value;
- wait 5 minutes before using the component;
- unwanted Carbogrip traces can be removed with Carbomove or other petrol-based solvents.
Made in Italy
Free shipping on orders over $50 with delivery to the 48 continental United States. More shipping methods and rates.
Return any new and unused item for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. See full return policy.
Call or text (909) 283-3391 for questions or help, anytime.