Challenge Dune Team Edition S (Red) Tubular Cyclocross Tire
The Dune excels in sand and hardpack. The center of the tire features a small file or "pyramid" tread with bigger edge knobs for cornering. Dune has already been ridden to a USA national championship under Stephen Hyde.
This exclusive Team Edition version features red "Team Edition" sidewall text. It was developed by Challenge working with elite athletes to offer improved traction, cornering, casing protection, and speed - with whiter sidewalls, red "Team Edition" text, and "S" labelling (softer, suppler, sealed).
- Softer - the rubber in the tread is a softer compound to provide more grip and increase confidence
- Suppler - 320TPI Corespun Cotton casing and seamless latex inner tube allow the tire to deform to create the largest contact patch possible, absorbing trail imperfections and maximizing traction
- Sealed: special latex formulated tread-to-base-tape sidewall coating prevents water absorption and maintains a brighter, shiny white appearance with no sacrifice in durability
Each Dune Team Edition S features a seamless latex inner tube with removable valve core for easy use with Challenge Extenders when used on deep tubular rims, Challenge handmade construction, and Corespun cotton 320TPI casing.
- claimed 400 grams
- PPS puncture prevention
The same tires used by professional cyclocross racers are now available to you in the Challenge Dune Team Edition S:
“Over the past seasons I’ve been working with Challenge to get the perfect balance of soft and supple rubber with the new casing on the Team Edition tubulars. I’m confident we’ve done this and the additional grip is noticeable in the corners. I know that gives me more confidence to push my bike to the limit.”
- Helen Wyman, Kona, 9X National & 2X European Cyclocross Champion
“I found the new soft compound tires gave me more grip in the corner with no reduction in straight line speed.”
- Ellen Van Loy, Telenet Fidea, 4th Overall Elite Women’s Cyclocross World Cup
“No matter how you prepare or how good you feel, if you aren't on the right equipment it makes it very difficult to stay with or even ahead of the game. Having the softer tire and more supple compound means traction and smooth rolling without compromise. Low pressure without folding over is key to be able to roll fast and stay with the best riders in the race. I get that confidence with the Team Edition tires.”
- Stephen Hyde, Cannondale p/b CyclocrossWorld.com, 2nd 2016 US Elite National Cyclocross Championships
TECH NOTE: this is a tubular bicycle tire with a captive (stitched-in) latex inner tube (also called a "sew-up".) It must be glued or taped onto a tubular rim for safe use. It will not work on a traditional clincher wheel/rim. Proper setup is essential for your safety - if you are not qualified to install tubular tires, please seek expert guidance first.
Free shipping on orders over $50 with delivery to the 48 continental United States. More shipping methods and rates.
Return any new and unused item for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. See full return policy.
Call or text (909) 283-3391 for questions or help, anytime.