12Speed Sports Doormate Bicycle Garage Door Remote
The 12Speed Sports Doormate is a universal, compact garage door opener that fits into the end of a road/cross/gravel bicycle drop handlebar. You'll never need to carry a bulky garage door opener in your jersey pocket or saddle bag again. The Doormate is sleek, stealthy, and lightweight - once installed, you'll forget it's there.
Doormate looks almost exactly like the bar-end fitting of a Shimano Di2 Junction (in fact, if you have a Di2 bike you can run the Di2 junction on one side of the handlebar, and the Doormate on the other!)
Doormate technical specs
- Weighs almost nothing - just 0.5oz / 16 grams - barely more than the weight of a normal bar-end plug
- Replaceable A27 battery with one year battery life
- 50 feet transmission range
- IP65 water and dust resistance rating
A successful Kickstarter project becomes reality
The 12Speed Sports Doormate began life on Kickstarter, where following a succesful round of crowdfunding it entered production. It's now available as a full retail packaged product for the masses with no wait time.
Many people have tried to close their garage door by clicking the wall-mounted button, then running underneath the door while it's closing. That's dangerous! No one should ever be underneath a garage door that's moving. Use the Doormate as a safer alternative.
One Year Battery Life
The Doormate battery handles multiple presses per day, for at least 365 days.
Reviews of the Doormate by 12Speed Sports
Bikerumor: "For years I've asked cycling computer brands to add a button that opens my garage, to no avail. Now, finally, someone's put that button on the bike, and the form factor couldn't be better."
@angryasian - "What’s the coolest thing you saw at the show? Without a doubt, that’s the question I’m asked most often at any trade show. At the Sea Otter Classic last weekend, I think that title may very well go to this little widget."
Secure Integration And Mounting
The 12speed Doormate was designed with an end clamp that mounts the garage remote into the end of the handlebar. It's almost impossible to remove once the handlebar tape is installed, preventing theft or accidental loss.
Wide compatibility with popular brands of garage door openers
Doormate works with 90% of garage doors and gates on the market, including the most popular brands like Chamberlain, Genie, Linear, and Billion Code.
How to program the Doormate
Doormate can be programmed in just a couple minutes:
Installing the Doormate
Adding the Doormate to your drop handlebar is straightforward and simple:
- unwrap one side of your drop handlebar
- Slide the main unit into the handlebar until it's flush
- Remove the adhesive backing from the smaller external housing piece and lay in place
- Remove the adhesive backing from the larger external housing piece and slide into place
- Wrap the handlebar as you normally would, passing the bar tape over the external housing - this secures the device, preventing someone from simply pulling it out, and it won't come loose on gravel roads.
Free shipping on orders over $50 with delivery to the 48 continental United States. More shipping methods and rates.
Return any new and unused item for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of your purchase. See full return policy.
Call or text (909) 283-3391 for questions or help, anytime.