This is the chainguide that I personally use and recommend on my single-chainring (i.e. "1x") cyclocross and gravel bikes. I believe it the best engineered and most highly functional guide on the market today.
When paired with a 1x chainring (I recommend Wolf Tooth's matching Drop-Stop chainrings) it is almost impossible to drop a chain, even in rough, muddy conditions. Unlike other guides, this one actually forms a "roof" on the top of the chain for an extra measure of protection.
- Versatile mounting. Fits frames with braze-on front derailleur mounts right out of the box, and can also fit any round seat-tube frame by adding an inexpensive braze-on front derailleur clamp adapter such as those from Shimano, Santa Cruz, or many other brands.
- Extremely easy to install. You do not need to break the chain or remove cranks and need only a 4mm hex key
- Works for rings from 34t to 46t, including both round and oval style
The chainline can be infinitely adjusted between 45-51mm to match your specific crankset and chainring.
- just 45 grams, so it won't weigh down your race bike
- Made in Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 6061-T6 aluminum with stainless steel hardware. Nothing to corrode when you hit it with the hose after a muddy race.
Note: the slotted braze-on mount is not at the exact same height on all bikes, so max chainring size can vary somewhat depending on frame brand and model.